Thursday, July 23, 2009

***NEW*** WRITING PRACTICE EXERCISES!

NOTE: As you prepare for the upcoming Mock and Proficiency examinations on the 27th of July and the 3rd of August; I think these practice exercises will be helpful.



You can bring your writings to me at anytime at the University, for checking. However if you want me to check them during the weekends, you can type them on the computer and send them to me by e-mail to (okemeagwali@yahoo.com). I'll check them and send them back to you by e-mail. Good Luck.



WRITING PRACTICE TOPICS


(Write all activities using at least 150 words for each)

Remember to arrange your writing as follows: TITLE-INTRODUCTION-BODY-CONCLUSION

Exercises

1. My Hometown (Say where it is, what it has, talk about the people, the weather, interesting places to visit, why you like your hometown, etc.)

2. My Best Friend (Say who he/she is, how old he/she is, where he/she is from, their physical appearance, their personalities, what they like or dislike, why they are your bestfriends, and why you like/hate them)

3. My Best Holiday (Say when it was, where you spent it, How it was, what happened during the holiday, who you spent it with, what you did, what you saw, what made you enjoy it, why it is your best holiday)

4. My Worst Holiday (Say when it was, where you spent it, How it was, what happened during the holiday, who you spent it with, what you did, what you saw, what made you hate it, why it is your worst holiday)

5. My Favourite Food (Say what food it is, How it is made, what ingredients are used to make it, How it tastes, How healthy it is, why you like it)

6. My Typical Day (say how your days go, start from what you do in the morning, what you do in the afternoon, and what you do in the evening, say how this activities are the same every day of the week or not, conclude by using a sentence to describe how your days are example: "All in all my days are long and tiring.")

7. My Favorite Film (Say the name of the film, briefly describe what happened in the film, mention the important actors who acted the film, talk about why you like those actors, describe their performance in the film, can you watch the film more than once or can you watch it forever if you can, say why you enjoy watching the film)

8. My Dream House (describe the type of house it will be- modern or old, the style of house, say where it will be situated/located, say what the house will have, example garden, etc., describe how much time you will spend in it )

9. My Favorite Popstar ( Say who it is, say what kind of music he/she sings, say where he comes from, describe his/her physical appearance and personality, say why you like him/her)

10. How I Spent My Last Summer Holiday (say where you went to, when you went there, who you went with, what you did there, did any special thing happen there? did you enjoy/hate it?)

11. My Favorite Sport ( say what sport it is, say how this sport is played, say how many people are needed to play the sport, say how well you are at doing this sport, who do you usually play this sport with, say who your favorite professional in this sport is, say why you like this sport)

..................................GOOD LUCK!!!......................................






No comments:

Post a Comment